Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This is what my face is doing right now!


Well, after 11 months and 25 days, we've finally seen a true smile from our son! Thanks to an amazing family and their unbelievably kind daughter, we have picture after picture of our little man smiling, laughing, snuggling his friends, and just generally having a great time! It makes me happier than I could've imagined and makes me want to see that little smile in person as soon as possible.

Not only did this family shower our kids with love and attention, they also raised money and purchased lots of outdoor playground equipment... apparently, Jonathan loves the slide:


So we have other reasons to be joyful, too... We received our I600 approval earlier this month and were able to (almost immediately) snag an Embassy appointment for January 28th. We've spoken with our agency and confirmed that Jonathan's docs are all in order for that last and final appointment, so we hope to travel 2-3 weeks after that date, when Jonathan's US visa is issued. Things are really, finally and truly coming together now, and we couldn't be happier or more excited!

Oh and here are some more pictures of our sweet, smiling boy! (P.S. Okay, so that outfit is probably not what I would've chosen for him, but I can look past the Minnie Mouse tank top if it makes him that happy and smiley :)




Man, what pretty teeth... so happy that intense dentist
visits are probably not in our near future!



1 comment:

  1. So glad that your little man will be home soon! We are in the very early stages of our adoption process. I have been researching countries and agencies and I am leaning toward A love beyond borders and their DRC program. I would love to have the opinion and advice of someone with first-hand experience! I am from Virginia as well and I am also looking for someone to do our homestudy. Is there someone you could recommend? I know this is a busy time for you, but I am hoping you can email me at sara2ramsey@yahoo.com. We plan to move quickly on our end and your advice would be invaluable. Thanks! Sara

    ReplyDelete